Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Workbench Wednesday - 6/5/14



Greetings! I'm actually making this post on Wednesday! Hooray for me. It has been a very successful and very fulfilling hobby week. After finishing my Medusas I was able to paint my 10 man Tactical Support Squad with Volkite Culverin in Mark4 armor. I have worked out an expedient way to paint my Death Guard, as evidenced by the fact that I finished a 10 man squad in a week! I'm waiting for the bases to arrive from Dragon Forge, after which I'll weather the marines with pigments and they'll officially be finished.

It should be a couple weeks, so in the meantime I'll be working on a 10 man Destroyer Squad with Jump Packs and two Apothecaries. After that will be  two 15 man Tactical Squads in Mark2 armor. I'll also be placing another Forgeworld order this week in which I'll be getting 10 more Mark4 marines to finish the second Tactical Support Squad, 15 Breacher Marines and some command elements. This project is proving to be as rewarding as I hoped it would be. Very inspiring. Hopefully I'll be on track to have a small tournament at the end of the year!

On to the pics!

The lighting is weird in them, the models aren't as white as they appear on the left. A better photo setup is imminent, thankfully. 





I like the sergeant a lot. I decided to paint his leg armor green to differentiate him from the rest of the squad. I may do this with all sergeants as it really makes the model pop and was fun to do.

Workbench at the moment: 10 destroyers and two apothecaries on the paint station, 15 tactical marines in the Tupperware soaking:


My legion so far:






No comments:

Post a Comment