Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Workbench Wednesday - 4/16/14

Greetings! Another week has gone by and I'm pretty happy with the progress I've been making. I've finished painting the Helbrutes and the Sorcerer! They are awaiting weathering, which I'll do after I finish the Sorcerer's cart and finish painting their bases. The paint jobs are necessarily a little quick and dirty as the weathering is the real focus. 



I wish I had the ability to upload pictures taken with a better camera. Working with just a phone and a tablet has its limitations! More pictures after the jump.



I think they're looking pretty boss!! After weathering they'll look downright scary!  I've started painting the Heldrake, which will be the third I've painted in this scheme. Easy enough with the airbrush for shading, but the black lines are a bit tedious. Overall I like the effect, but this is one of those models I just want to get finished. 


Here you can see the WIP Heldrake alongside the finished one. So far so good. 


In the next week I hope to finish the Heldrake and the Sorcerer's bike, and hopefully start on the spawn. I've also ordered Kazyk the Befouled on Rotbeast to serve as my biker lord. He should be along in the next week or so. Will do a post following the conversion, even if I'm not sure exactly how that's going to go. I'm sure it'll be fine. 

The cultists will be a lot of fun to paint and include a lot of cool conversions, as far as head and arm swaps go at least! Really happy with them and hoping I have time to get them done for the tournament. More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment