Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Workbench Wednesday - 4/9/14

I've managed to get a decent amount done this week, the helbrutes are progressing nicely!!! Armor, metals, and flesh are done; basically all the big jobs. As they say, the devil is in the details. Still need to do hoses, horns, creepy chaos eyes, missiles, etc. I'm working on the sorcerer at the same time as he's in the same color scheme, though some robes, nurglings, skulls, etc will need to be done separately.

More pictures after the jump.





I'm really enjoying painting these kits, and am really glad I decided to pick them up along with the dataslate. Are they the most competitive choice? Probably not. Are they going to look cool and scary, yep! 

After all the brush painting is finished, I'll break out the airbrush for a little OSL on the plasma cannon and flamer fists. The weathering that will need to be done is another animal, and will only be done after the painting is completed. I also have a painted warpsmith that needs weathering, so I'll finish that up at the same time. Not sure if I'm on schedule to finish in time for the tournament, as those 60 cultists are going to be daunting. Next up is the Heldrake, then the sorcerer's bike, then the spawn. If I fail to finish some cultists I can always plug other troops into my list.

I got some of Secret Weapon Miniatures' new Scrap Yard bases for the Heldrake and the spawn. Looking forward to getting those done too. All in all a busy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment