Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Conversion Corner: CSM Sorcerer on Bike WIP #2

I got some work done on my corpse cart tonight, and it's coming along nicely!  I've assembled the main body of the cart completely stock as it comes from GW. I like the kit a lot, and it fits together pretty well!



Trying to fit the Forgeworld Nurgle Sorcerer where the corpse cart charioteer stands was impossible, as it was too small a space and obscured the sorcerer. Turns out the sorcerer fits well standing on top of the pile of corpses, which suits the feel of the model perfectly. I assembled the rider with a long stake carrying an impaled corpse, whose task it is to feed corpses to the engine of the cart.




I assembled the track unit using some parts from a 1/35 scale tank that I had lying around. Much of the track unit will be obscured by the housing, as I don't have the time or the warewithal to build the suspension or the engine unit. I'll pin the whole thing together, of course, as it will be used in gaming. I don't built show pieces! The important thing is that the track unit enables the cart to fit on a bike base (woo-hoo!):


I have a couple scenic barrels that I'll be attaching to the rear of the cart. I'll hollow out the top and fill them with body parts, run hoses to some sort of engine housing (I haven't quite figured that part out yet). I'll also have a bunch of funky exhaust pipes and smoke stacks sticking out the back of the cart as well, so that it'll clearly be part of the 40k universe and not fantasy. 

As far as painting, it'll be painted to fit into the rest of my Death Guard, though I hope to be attending a class with the one and only Victoria Lamb on OSL!!! As none of the army really has any OSL, but I hope to use some of her techniques on the flames on the cart to lend some life to them (I'm terrible at painting flames). The class is on April 19th in Sacramento, and I'm hopeful I'll be able to go! I'll update after some more progress, hopefully in the next couple of days! Thanks for reading and I'm very much looking forward to sharing this project. It's going to be pretty cool I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment